Saturday 13 November 2010

A Trick of The Light - Saturday Centus wk 28

Week 28 of Saturday Centus the prompt is to use up to 100 words (not including the prompt) using the line "The early November sunshine cast golden rays..."

A Trick Of The Light

The early November sunshine cast golden rays

liquid yellow, pooling on the ruffled white sheets

white mountain tops of my memories, illuminated

I am caught in the moment, tangled in the threads

of another autumn, and ghosts of then burst forth

like maple leaves, red, orange, yellow and beautiful

I watch as the light shifts, and the spell, it is broken

the long gone days, retreating, as if blown by the wind

leaves are falling again, the unsought magic is dissolving

and I am here, and it is now, and the snow covered peaks

are once again, just sheets on the bed that I'm about to make



Linked to the poetry pantry at Poets United

26 comments:

Deborah said...

Beautifully written, and wonderfully told.

Bookie said...

Very nice...I love "the tangled threads of autumn",,,,

Teresa said...

What a beautiful poem you have created from this week's prompt.

Strummed Words said...

Lonely images and hints of winter. See mine!

Susan Anderson said...

I coould see the whole thing...

Loved it.

=)

gautami tripathy said...

Beautiful poetry...

echoeing parenthesis

Viki said...

Wow, this was just wonderful. Beautifully written. I could just feel the emotions in this. Great job ;-))

Unknown said...

your poem absolutely mesmerized me! wow!

Tina said...

Very nice, vivid use of the prompt. I really liked it, and the emotion you expressed through your words.

Unknown said...

Beautiful poem. Wonderful imagery.
Best wishes,
Anna

Anna's SC wk 28

Ames said...

Isn't it funny how we cal look at one thing and see another? Likeclouds? Great poem!~Ames

faith said...

Enjoyed the symbolism, especially "ghosts of then..."

Judie said...

This poem really spoke to me. Excellent post!!

jfb57 said...

Really creative post! I saw the picture you painted. Brill!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

What a beautiful picture you painted.

Tracy said...

that was a good start to my reading today loved it

Kat said...

Beautiful imagery! I love how visual this piece is. Wonderful use of the prompt. Kat

Jewel said...

Beautiful visual this poem brought. Well written.

Jewel

Tgoette said...

The soul of a poet can see so much deeper than her eyes could ever reveal as your wonderful piece can attest. Wonderful job this week.

Unknown said...

Very vivid and creative! A fall day in your bedroom!

cj Schlottman said...

Oh, the concrete images, the colors! You painted a beautiful picture with words - "...liquid yellow, pooling on the ruffled white sheets..." The symbolism is strong "...caught in the moment, tangled in the threads..."

This is wonderful..........cj

Jenny said...

I wish you could see the dreamy look on my face. I read this several times, and then out loud.

Absolutely wonderful.

My favorite line? I am caught in the moment, tangled in the threads
of another autumn.

Bernadine said...

wow, you really do have a lovely way with words, a beautiful poem, so vivid I could both see and feel each step of the way

Sherry Blue Sky said...

"and I am here, and this is now, and the snow-covered peaks are here again".........beautiful writing! One wants the full story:)

Anonymous said...

Stunning!

Rashmi said...

You are painting beautiful pictures using words..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...