Sunday 27 November 2011

Staying Centered

I am the fulcrum around which my life rotates,

I hear the rush and shudder as the cogs turn.

Ruddy and metallic, this movement is vital.

Freed limbs rotate. Idle thoughts rustle.

It is not easy to be mellow and mindful,

in this untidy world of man and machine.

I may sound smug, but I am no longer gullible.

I will continue to ignore the subliminal messages,

pasted onto the detritus and divinity of my life.

And let the spinning wheels slice the sunshine,

into bite size pieces that I can eat.



Written for Wordle 32 at The Sunday Whirl - using all the words. I just let the words take me where they wanted to go. I am not sure if I used Fulcrum correctly though?

Now back to my NaNoWrimo writing! (with any luck I should hit the 50,000 words target by the end of the day.)

I look forward to seeing where these words took everyone else. :-)

11 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

I like the idea of slicing the sun into bite-sized pieces. A great use of the words.

Laurie Kolp said...

Empowering and strong!

http://lkkolp.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/sitting-on-a-seesaw/

brenda w said...

Your use of fulcrum mirrors mine, it makes sense, as a similar thread runs through our pieces. It may not be a common usage, but I think it works.

Trying to think of concise words to speak of your piece, my eyes wandered back to the title. Staying Centered takes dedication, and integrity, there is strength in your narrator's voice.

Daydreamertoo said...

Very lovely piece. Sometimes the only thing we can do is let go...live and let live.
Lovely prose.

vivinfrance said...

Perfectly acceptable use of fulcrum - the thought could apply to all of us. Good wordling.

Cheryl said...

I like your poem, especially the end where it says slicing the sunshine into bite size pieces I can eat. Yummm!

Anonymous said...

"The detritus and divinity of my life"? BOMB! You conquered this wordle, and I didn't even attempt it. I was too intimidated by the words, which taunted me but did not offer entry into anything resembling a poetic mood!

Nicely done, Susannah. Amy
http://sharplittlepencil.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/amy-is-back-therapy-in-bb/

Marianne said...

You knocked this one out of the park! I especially love the way you used 'fulcrum!' Such a challenging word.

Mike Patrick said...

Each week I read these wordle poems, and each week they improve in depth and complexity. If one read nothing but the poems created to these wordles, satisfaction could be theirs.

Jennifaye said...

I also like the idea of slicing the sun. Very clever use of words.

Susannah said...

Thanks everyone. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...