Sunday 22 January 2012

When Darkness Come Again . . .

Spread your whispering story.

Those glittering shards that sing
of instinct and fine urges.

Scatter some of your charm
upon this ashen soul.

Scald me with your joy.

Let me steal from you
the knack of carrying light.

So that when the darkness comes again,
to pour its inky stains and crush my violet hope.

. . . I can shout out to my sisters.

With their hair streaming
and wild voices splitting the air.

They will coming running.

Whooping and hollering
and dancing in circles.

. . . Until all of the shadows are gone.


Written for Wordle 40 at The Sunday Whirl.








Image and words - Susannah Bec

13 comments:

irene said...

A wonderful uplifting piece!

vivinfrance said...

fab-u-lous.

Mary said...

Susannah, you made something beautiful from these words! I'm impressed that you could make 'scalding' into something good! And I loved the ending: dancing until the shadows are gone! Yes.

Laurie Kolp said...

I love the invitation to spread our whispering stories.

http://lkharris-kolp.blogspot.com/2012/01/snippets-of-truth.html

brenda w said...

I'll be there with bells on!

flaubert said...

Beautiful story of commonality,and sisterhood, Susannah.

Pamela

barbara said...

I like "scald me with your joy" oh, yeah!
But the sisters--hair and whooping--now, that is a treat and a half.

Cathy said...

Love it because despite the dark words , you made into such a fun piece with a bit of attitude too.

teri said...

Oh yes - whooping. Yes soon I will learn to whoop.

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful image of gathering to celebrate simple existence, the sharing of all that is life. Love this one, Susannah. Thanks for creating it,

Elizabeth

David said...

You've again inspired me to try... again. Reading your writing is always like unwrapping a gift from a thoughtful friend.

Susannah said...

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments. :-) x

Mr. Walker said...

Susannah, a nice take on the wordle. I really like the positivity of it, how you use light and color. You make "scald" a good thing.

Richard

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...