Sunday 25 December 2011

Maybe it will take an Angel

My love doesn't need a manger
to hold the new born sun.
My heart has known glad tidings
and that joy and peace will come.

For we can not all be shepherds,
and our voice may not be heard.
In among the haste and flurry,
of this very modern world.

No matter how long we've pondered,
this strange life and its bold decree.
I know that most are still afraid,
to be all that we could be.

So maybe it will take an angel,
to whisper gentle in our ear,
to tell us that it's okay to shine,
that it's the reason we are here.

Image: Three Angels by Susannah Bec.


Written for the Sunday Whirl using all of the words. Not great poetry, but I did my best! :-)

Wishing you all
love, peace and much joy!
- Susannah x

13 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

Beautiful, Susannah. Merry Christmas!

Marianne said...

How lovely, Susannah! Merry Christmas!

Yousei Hime said...

I love seeing how we all used the same words. Connected but very different. Happy holidays.

Traci B said...

An excellent reminder to let our lights shine for all to see, Susannah. Merry Christmas!

Cheryl said...

I like this a lot.

Mary said...

Susannah, this is a beautiful write! Merry Christmas to you.

brenda w said...

Susannah, I felt blessed by my reading. This is lovely and so affirming. Thank you.

flaubert said...

Love the last stanza, Susannah. A very joyful holiday to you!

Pamela

vivinfrance said...

I really like this - words, sentiment, everything.

Anonymous said...

Susannah ~

Forgive my absence for so long...it has been a tough 3 months and I've done what I could to keep writing. Unfortunately it meant my time reading was basically nil. In the quietness of tonight, I am making an attempt to return to visiting blogs. And I'm so happy to have found this post in doing so! That last verse?? It's what I needed to hear this very moment. Thank you.

~ Paula

Susannah said...

Thanks everyone for your comments, kind words and good wishes. :-)

It is good to see you all.

Susannah x

Jae Rose said...

Warm and nurturing..like a word hug..Happy New Year to you..Jae x

Susannah said...

Good to see you Jae. :-) May this coming year be a wonderful one for you. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...